For Today ~ 03 November 2008 ~ Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY … 03 November 2008

Outside My Window… Stormy grey sky ~ snow in the mountains ~ breezy. All of the pretty fall leaves in a heap around the base of the trees. Another fast moving winter storm moving in.

I am thinking… Holy Moly! It’s November already! I’m sorta sad because no Trick-O-Treaters came to my house on Halloween. It’s just not like when I was a kid. Big sigh. I’d rather stay home this week and quilt. We need a new (used) truck…the Chevy is on it’s last cylinder. Wonder if I planted a quarter a money tree would grow? Wonder if anyone will let Chopper in today (German Shepherd across the street)…I took him a blanket to lay on last night since it looked like no one was home…he’s such a sweet boy.

I am thankful for… my family.

From the kitchen… I have pork chops defrosting in the frig. Have absolutely no clue what I’m going to do with them though.

I am wearing… blue jeans, tennies and a warm grey pullover top.

I am creating… a crazy quilt with my mom…each are making 10 blocks.

I am going… to finish organizing my fabric stash.

I am reading… I picked up a few Lynn Kurland books that I haven’t read at the local Goodwill store. Star of the Morning, Much Ado in the Moonlight, and Dreams of Stardust. I’m not much into romance books, but dang I love her books.

I am hoping… still hoping that there is some job out there for my husband.

I am hearing… NPR new on my computer, humming of the air system on the roof. Me typing. Pretty quiet all in all.

Around the house… 10 paper grocery bags full of donations to go to St. Vincent’s Thirft Shop. I’ve more to go too…been cleaning and downsizing.

One of my favorite things… watching all the leaves blow by. Friday (Nevada Day and Halloween) I was out and about getting errands done before I sat down to carve the pumpkins and it was a warm stormy day…leaves blowing, dark clouds gathering…Something Wicked This Way Comes! Kept thinking of Macbeth…Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… more quilting and cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I’d share with you…Leo-Monster discovered he LOVES pumpkin guts. Yummie! More MOM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Simple Woman is the original home of The Simple Woman's Daybook.

The Simple Woman’s Daybook will take place each Monday.

Here’s how to take part:

1. Write up and publish your journal page using the questions/picture ideasI have listed below onto your blog. Be as descriptive as you can! This makes it more interesting to your readers. (You may cut and paste them for the purpose to participate in The Simple Woman’s Daybook.)

2. Copy the “permalink” from your “The Simple Woman’s Daybook” post, not the link to the front page of your blog. This will make it much easier for others to find instead of looking through the entire list of entries at your blog for your “daybook”. This will save time for all of us.

3. Come back here and add your permalink to Mister Linky.

About these ads

I'm Michelle and live in Northern Nevada ~ beautiful mix of high desert and the Sierra. While I work at the University, I'd rather garden, cook, craft and make quilts. :)
This entry was posted in Friends, Life in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to For Today ~ 03 November 2008 ~ Simple Woman’s Daybook

1. Karen says:

I just love your kitty pictures!! And the crazy quilt is going to be lovely. When you do a crazy quilt, do you sew the pieces onto a square piece of paper? I tried this one time, and the directions said to do it that way. Is this how it is normally done?

Karen

2. Melinda says:

There must be something about pumpkin guts and cats because our cat loved them too. I agree about Halloween, it was pretty uneventful here too, only two houses in our neighborhood gave out candy. I love your quilt, it looks really cool!

3. Karen…we’re starting out with a 14″ square of muslin and then pinning a five sided piece in the middle. Then you take another piece of fabric and start sewing on going clockwise. It’s turning out to be pretty easy…it’s all the hand stitching that will be time consuming. :)

Too funny, Melinda! I turned to wash my hands and came back to the table to find Leo’s head inside the pumpkin munching away.

4. YUCK! Pumpkin Guts!

You’ve been tagged to reveal 6 quirky things about you…hahahahaha

5. You evil woman you! :)

I did a kitty post today toooo! ;)

7. Judah says:

Looking forward to those 6 quirky things being revealed! :D

That quilt is going to look just great. Will you be embroidering all the seams like the Victorians did?

Pumpkin guts make yummy soup. Not sure about any felix domesticus bobbing around in a bowl of it, though.

8. Karen says:

The Oregon Trail is coming along great. My daughter and I are currently reading a book called, “Bound for Oregon,” by Jean Van Leeuwen, which is based on a true account of one families journey…and keeping “Daily Life in a Covered Wagon” close by. It’s a great reference book that has great pictures in it, and explains what the wagon was like inside and out, things they took, cooked with,things many of them encountered on their trip…stuff like that. It’s very interesting.

The book you have about Quilts on the Oregon Trail sounds really neat! Does it have patterns? Have you ever made any of them?

Thanks for telling me how you do your crazy quilts–I have lots of scraps that would work great for this. :-)

I have also added you to my blog list so I can visit often.

(I just LOVE your cat!)

Karen

9. Maggie Ann says:

Your pictures are gorgeous! I’ve enjoyed reading your daybook….=)

10. Brenda Kula says:

You sound so much like me! Love NPR. Have made many quilts. Especially loved the embroidery and beads of crazy quilts. Love to watch the leaves blow by. So many things we have in common. Oh, love to read also.
    Brenda

11. Elizabeth says:

So glad the Simple Woman Daybook led me to your blog – it’s lovely!

Cats and quilts just go together don’t they? Not sure where the pumpkin guts fit in though – LOL!

12. Oh I love the photos!! Wish those planted quarters would grow into money trees!!!! Snow?????????

13. Great kitty pics….and what a gorgeous quit you are making.
    I ask God to bring THE job GOD has for him quickly, in Jesus’ Name. To give your husband every Divine Appointment that he has need of for it. Thank You Lord for HELPING HIM.

Wow, your edges look so perfect, I’d swear you were paper-piecing!

Too funny about Leo LOL! What a Pumpkinhead…

Forgot to add… fingers crossed about hubby’s job, and that Chopper has a warm place to sleep tonight. I just hate when people give no thought to their pets. Grr…