The Little Things That Make Me Happy ~ November

Sorta been down in the dumps this week…lots of things coming at me from all angles, just want to go home and hunker down.

Between husband’s lack of a job, bills to pay, the woe-is-me dramatics goings-on in one of my groups that I’m a leader of (and don’t want to be anymore), lack of sunshine for long period of time, trying to see if we could foot a very small weekend trip to Monterey (have two tickets to the aquarium but not sure we can afford to spend the night), blah, blah, blah…

So once again, I need an attitude adjustment…Things that make me happy ~

A while back I bought a bunch of wool and bamboo yarn then sent it to my friend Sharon to make socks in her own time…I washed them all last night and put them on the bedroom’s steam radiator heater. I think of her everytime I have nice warm tootsies! :) She’s an awesome lady!

Old quilt blocks that need me! My mom still gets together with the Washoe Valley Ladies (homemaker’s group of some sort! LOL!…I think all they did was get together once a month to eat, drink, talk about the kids, husbands, and drink some more ~ Hee!) and one of them dropped off bags and bags and bags of fabric. These 20 Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks, with extra 1930’s & 1940’s fabrics, was part of that. I’m going to continue with the hand-piecing of them.

Meadowlarks…I love Meadowlarks, especially in Wyoming.

Family…my niece and nephew with their wee cousin.

A sampler of Sierra Nevada Ales ~ yum. That Chico IPA was delish! :grin:

Rays at Monterey…and I want to pet them again, very calming and makes me smile.

About these ads

I'm Michelle and live in Northern Nevada ~ beautiful mix of high desert and the Sierra. While I work at the University, I'd rather garden, cook, craft and make quilts. :)
This entry was posted in Birds, cats, Family, flowers, Life in General, music, Photography, Quilts, recipes, yarn and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Little Things That Make Me Happy ~ November

Wow, great post! I love a lot of those things too! ;) I hope you are having a great day, and that all of these blessings are a comfort to you!

2. Judah says:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
    Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens;
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
    These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
    These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
    Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
    These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites,
    When the bee stings,
    When I’m feeling sad,
    I simply remember my favorite things,
    And then I don’t feel so bad.
    :D

Thinking of ya!

3. Belinda says:

I like the song that Judah quoted–has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? ;)

Do all the things that make you happy today. :)

I’m thinking of you, too! :D

I’m thinking of you too. Don’t let the group get you down. Together we can handle it.

I haven’t knitted any socks recently. Working on a sweater. When I get finished with it, I’m going to knit some more socks. They’re my favorite thing to knit.

Hugs to you.

Chin up, head back. Get that paint brush out. Go find your wool felt. Make something pretty. Time to get back to that kick butt Michelle that I know and love.

6. Brenda Kula says:

Many years ago I started a Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt. I remember piecing it. But don’t recall what happened to the blocks. And it’s one of my favorites!
    Brenda

7. Lorilee says:

Hi,
    I wandered over from Brenda’s site. I love the quilt blocks. I have a quilt of that pattern that my mom made years ago. I had dresses out of much of the fabric.
    I feel for you! Lately, all the running and working full time are getting to me! I’m tired, my stomach is bothering me, my face is breaking out, I just want to slow down and take care of my house!
    I just have to keep thinking “One day at a time”.
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

8. Thanks everyone…am feeling better. Even though I worked like crazy on my two days off. :(

Oh, those blocks DO need you! Wow, what a find…

I love rays, too. They’re so graceful, gentle, and usually shy.

Happy warm tootsies… :-)

10. I love those blocks! Very nice! You have to do something with them.

The photo with the socks from Oreo reminds me of Christmas.

11. Duchess says:

Glad you’re feeling better. Very soon we’ll have thanksgiving off, and even if you have to cook I hope you take you time.

Sending smiles:)