I just joined a Charm Swap that is opened up to 55 people (plus the host)…and it’s using fabric from one of my favorite designers, Denyse Schmidt! :)
1. We are swapping 5″ charm squares. You will purchase 1 yard of fabric and cut it into 5″ charm squares. 1 yard = 56 charms. (I recommend buying 1.25 yards- never hurts to have a little extra in case you make a cutting mistake.)
2. Choose a fabric that has a small print suitable for an 5″ charms. Scale of the print is very important as smaller works better in this case.
3. Fabric must be Denyse Schmidt designer label, 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric. Older DS patterns are acceptable too!
4. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.
5. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5″ x 5″ charm squares. Press your fabric before cutting. You may want to purchase a slight overage in case you make mistakes cutting your charms.
6. Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include a 3×5 index card with your name and email address.
7. In your envelope please include:
* the charms in ziplock
* the index card
* a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This is very important! If you do not send a SASE with your charms, I won’t be able to mail them back to you. To figure the postage cost, have the postmaster weigh your SASE along with the charms and purchase enough postage to cover the cost. Then put that postage on the SASE and place it inside your package along with your charms.
8. Finally, upload a picture of your chosen fabric ASAP to the Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap Round TWO Flickr group. This is really important so we don’t have any duplicates! Also, include all pertinent info about your fabric (designer, name, color, shop) so everyone can have access to order more if they want.
If you want to you may sign up for two spots in the swap, but remember you must sent two different yards of DS fabric.
Deadline to mail the charms to our host is 15 June 2012.