- Springtime at Rancho San Rafael Park ~ Reno, Nevada ~ 22 March 2015
- Birds and Flowering Trees ~ 18 March 2015 ~ Sparks Marina
- Donkeys and Pitbulls ~ Virginia City, Nevada ~ St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2015
- For Today ~ 10 March 2015 ~ Simple Woman’s Daybook
- Wordless Wednesday ~ 4 March 2015 ~ Edison Collier Persimmon
Tag Archives: Birds
I forgot to share a few pictures I took on the 26th of October. We were at Bower’s Mansion State Park down in Washoe Valley…throwing some horseshoes when a heard a lot of noise up in the trees. Finally spied … Continue reading
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~
A big THANK YOU to a co-worker, Jason, here at the university! I had my thistle sock and bird feeder attached to the posts holding up a newly planted tree outside my office window…and when he took the posts down … Continue reading
Oh what a beautiful day, I’ve got a wonderful feeling, Everything’s going my way! Really! He really was singing Rodgers & Hammerstein! (photo editing…my photos that I ran through pixlr-o-matic using “Metal” filter and Scrap border).
So…last Saturday while up in the Smoke Creek Desert (SW of the Black Rock Desert), my husband was toodling along the dirt road going 50 mph when I spied a 3 foot bird sitting on a rocky outcrop. STOP DAMMIT! … Continue reading
While at Miner’s Park in Virginia City, Nevada on Saturday I snapped this picture (bugger was fast, so not that clear) ~ is it a red-breasted sapsucker?