Loom Beading & French Beaded Flowers

For some reason my brain’s been fried this week…it’s amazing how waking up at 4:30 am, just one hour earlier than usual, mushes my thought patterns.

So I’m going to just post some pictures of my beadies…

I don’t really remember how I got started into beading with wee seed beads (my favorites are still plain ole 11/0 Czech Seed Beads…although 11/0 Delicas are a close second!).  I DO remember is was UPZNDOWNS of ebay that inspired me first with her BEAUTIFUL French beaded flowers. And VISIBLESOUL from Texas…I’d post his links, but he’s in the process of changing servers. I’ll post it later.

African Violet Daffodils Hyacinth Iris sunflowers lilacs columbine mistletoe kissing ball

Then about a year after learning french beaded flowers, I tried my hand at square stitch bead work.

This is my very first square stitch project…the tension was way off! LOL! It was fun learning though.

Square Stitch Beadwork

I was a little intimidated by the Peyote stitch, so when a friend, Judah, posted the tutorial for a BEADED PINCUSHION  (the tutorial is also being changed due to the server, so I linked to her site)…I did it by Square stitch instead! Here is that project ~ Celtic Waves.

Celtic Waves Pincushion

Then I bought a loom! Precious! 🙂 I’ve beaded quite a bit on the loom, but alas ~ have not taken all that many pictures! Patooey.

This is my very first loom project ~ a Celtic Knot book mark. My husband uses this in his Bible.

Celtic Knot Book Mark

A Celtic Cross ~ shown without the frame it’s in now. Here is a link to the eBay seller that I bought this pattern from ~ Celtic Cross Stitch and Crafts. I have a bunch of the floral tapestries patterns too…they make up wonderfully on the loom.

Celtic Cross bead Loom

This entry was posted in beads, Crafts, flowers, wire and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Loom Beading & French Beaded Flowers

Oh my goodness! These must have taken you so long! Great work!! They are beautiful!!!

2. subeeds says:

The beaded flowers are gorgeous!!! Peyote stitch can be scary. It took me about a year, trying off and on to get the hang of t.

3. Quilty says:

Now I could cope with those flowers. They don’t need watering or weeding. But then, I s’pose they will probably need dusting instead.

All very clever work! I do like your Celtic Knots. 🙂

4. Belinda says:

Beautiful bead work! 🙂

So real looking. Whatever happened to all these arrangements? When you are ready to try peyote again, I’ll show you the tricks I use to “control” the beginning rows.

6. Very very pretty. Did you sell them or give them away?

7. All the flowers were sold, sans the hyacinth (stepmom has that one). Loom work was given away and kept.

8. Meena says:

Your beaded flowers are so beautiful!I loved the Celtic designs too.

Girlie, your beading just knocks me out. I still love my little dolphin; have it on display in my workroom upstairs. The beaded hydrangeas are in a Royal Copenhagen vase of similar colors downstairs.

I am having the uncomfortable feeling that you didn’t get the pix of those hydrangeas. I remember you asking for a snap, I remember taking one or two in the best light and setting I could manage… but I can’t remember if I actually sent them! *blush* They should be shared with the world, so please let me know. 😉

10. Fork over that picture woman! 🙂

11. Aimee Pruitt says:

I love the flowers they’re incredibly beautiful! I especially love the celtic cross, did you design the pattern? If not is there somewhere I could purchase it? Again you do wonderful work.

12. Aimee ~ Thank you!

The Celtic Cross is actually a Cross-Stitch pattern that I bought from a seller I found on the dreaded eBay. I adapted the DMC colors to what I had in my bead stash…I’m pretty sure I used Delica beadies for that project. Will have to look at it when I get home.

I’ll do some research online while at work to find the maker of that pattern…if I can’t find it, I’ll look when I get home and email you.