The Reno Mineral and Gem Society had a craft fair at one of the local malls…while looking around on Sunday we ran into my husband’s aunt and uncle (he’s a geologist). Tom showed me some of his collections that were on sale. He let me have two pieces of fluorite on dolomite, from a mine in Tennessee, for $7.50. One is mine (the large fluorite crystal) and the other will be a Christmas gift for my niece. I also picked up a couple of petrified twigs for .50 cents.
It snowed up in the Sierra last night! Rained like the dickens down here in the valley…frozen rain on the car this morning. Grrr. I hate scraping the windows.
Some leaves that were in front of the back entry way to my work building.
Was playing with the camera settings on Halloween ~
My so-called friend,
Sue, has tagged me and now I must reveal 6 quirky facts about me then tag 6 of my blog friends (and then I become the so-called friend! LOL!)
Here are the official rules…
~ Link to the person who tagged you.
~ Mention the rules.
~ Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
~ Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
~ Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
Big Sigh…trying to think of my six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details …
1. I love books…children books, quilt books, bird books, old books…I take delight in the smell of a library.
2. I eat my french fries with mustard…plain yellow kiddie mustard.
3. I talk to the birds in my yard…and they come closer to listen and talk back. 🙂
4. I hate large shopping malls…I do like to window shop, but not at large malls with lots of people.
5. I’ve never worn high heel shoes. I’d rather go barefoot in the snow than wear fancy shoes.
6. I have a fetish for old glass measuring cups!
Whew! I did it! 🙂
Now I’m going to pass this torture tagging to the following folks: