For Today ~ 24 November 2008 ~ The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY … 24 November 2008

Outside My Window… Sunny and cold. Big construction guys on their big tonka toys.

I am thinking… It’s only a three day work week…actually shorter as I’ll be taking a 1/2 day off to go to see Twilight with my sister. ~ These faculty members will be the death of me…sometimes they just don’t think things through. ~ I still have lots of baking to do and I won’t be around Thanksgiving weekend to do it.

I am thankful for… My family & friends; being able to go to Monterey; my church.

From the kitchen… Ham & Bean soup with homemade whole wheat bread….and lots of fudge and peppermint bark.

I am wearing… blue jeans, tennies and a black turtleneck..

I am creating… solid lotions and bake goods.

I am going… pay bills once I’m done here. Yippie! LOL.

I am reading… Still not reading anything at night…just the newspaper when I get home from work.

I am hoping… that the temp job my husband was working on will be able to use him for the full month of December besides the 3 days this week that they called him in for.

I am hearing… Enya’s And Winter Came cd..

Around the house… we moved the living room around. Looks really nice.

One of my favorite things… Sunday mornings…jumping out of bed, turn on the stove for my husband’s percolator coffee pot, throw some peanuts out for the jays, grab the newspaper, jump into the shower, get dressed, open up the blinds in the sun room, grab a diet Mt. Dew and read the paper while watching the birds eat….all before 9am church services. 🙂

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… Make cookies, watch Twilight, pack for Monterey.

Here is a picture thought I’d share with you… Two of the 40 quail that were feeding in our yard Sunday morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Simple Woman is the original home of The Simple Woman's Daybook.

The Simple Woman’s Daybook will take place each Monday.

Here’s how to take part:

1. Write up and publish your journal page using the questions/picture ideasI have listed below onto your blog. Be as descriptive as you can! This makes it more interesting to your readers. (You may cut and paste them for the purpose to participate in The Simple Woman’s Daybook.)

2. Copy the “permalink” from your “The Simple Woman’s Daybook” post, not the link to the front page of your blog. This will make it much easier for others to find instead of looking through the entire list of entries at your blog for your “daybook”. This will save time for all of us.

3. Come back here and add your permalink to Mister Linky.

This entry was posted in Life in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to For Today ~ 24 November 2008 ~ The Simple Woman’s Daybook

1. Karen says:

Mmmmm! I love ham and bean soup!
    Hope you have a nice time in Monterey!
    Karen

OMG! The quail are gorgeous – and you had a horde of them! (No Alfred Hitchcock moments, I presume 😉 )

3. Thank you Karen!

Hee…there were hordes of quail and 20 jays, 4 Dark-eyed Juncos, 3 dove, many many many sparrows and finches, and who knows how many black birds.

I had to fill up the the bird bath 3 times cause they were splashing the water everywhere.

4. Karen says:

I absolutely LOVE CARY GRANT!! He is my favorite actor ever! (very comical~and not bad looking either! :-)) I love The Bishop’s Wife! I’m looking forward to watching it again soon. I have never seen Arsenic & Old Lace, but I will definitely have to now! This past weekend we watched him in “Father Goose.” Have you ever seen that one?
    Karen

5. diosalocura says:

Where to start…

The soup looks *awesome*!

All these goodies you make, food, lotion, etc., makes me wonder why you don’t live closer so I can Christmas shop at your house :).

I am a Cary Grant fan myself. Had his picture up in my locker when I was in high school. It doesn’t have Cary, but this weekend we are showing “White Christmas” at church. Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, dancing and singing…love it lol.

Last but not least, cute quails :).

Penny \IiiI

6. Karen…answered you on your blog.

Penny…Thank you! You’d be most welcome in shopping at my place. 🙂

Love White Christmas…also Holiday Inn where the song White Christmas was first in.

7. Karen says:

I’ve seen both (Operation Petticoat and I Was A Male War Bride), but not in awhile. One of my favorites is The Awful Truth with Irene Dunn–I’ve watched it so many times I can’t count!, and my kids LOVE to watch “Bringing Up Baby.” I’m bringing up another generation of Cary Grant fans! 🙂

Karen

8. Elena says:

The soup and bread look delicious!