I’ve notice a lot of people finding my blog by searching for Strawberry Daiquiri and Margarita Jam recipes…so I’m going to post the two recipes that I used.
I’ve been told by the few people that I gave them as gifts that the jams were wonderful! 😀 So, here you go!
Both jams are from the book
175 Best James, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads, by Linda J. Amendt.
STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI JAM
2-1/4 Cups Crushed Strawberries
3/4 Cup Drained juice-packed crushed pineapple
2/3 Cup Freshly squeezed lime juice (use REAL limes, not the stuff from a jar)
1/2 Cup Rum
6 Cups granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp unsalted butter
1 pouch (3 oz) liquid pectin
For a uniform texture, cut strawberries into pieces before gently crushing them with a potato or vegetable masher.
For 2-1/4 cups crushed strawberries, you’ll need about 2 lbs or 5 Cups of strawberries.
1. Prepare canning and jar lids and bring water in the canning bath to a boil.
2. In an 8-quart stainless steel pot, combine strawberries, pineapple, lime juice and rum. Gradually stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium hear, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and thread with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight.
6. Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least an inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil, process 4-oz jars and 8-oz jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes (PLEASE CHECK
THIS POST FOR HIGH ALTITUDE PROCESSING)
7. Remove jars from canner and place on a cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.
1-1/2 Cups Water
1 Cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 Cup Tequila
1/4 Cup Triple Sec
4-1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Pouch (3-oz) Liquid Pectin
~ I added the zest of 3-4 limes
1. Prepare jars and lids and canning bath.
2. In a large stainless steel stockpot, combine water, lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec and sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to full boil, stirring constantly. Stir in Pectin (and lime zest if you want to add it). Return to a full boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Follow steps 4-7 above (in Strawberry Daiquiri recipe).