Chocolate Cola Cake with Cola Frosting

I found this recipe in the February 2009 All You ~ a magazine I got in one of my niece’s fundraisers.

Chocolate Cola Cake with Cola Frosting

In a pan, combine 12 TBSP Unsalted Butter, 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and 2/3 Cup Coke Cola ~ cook over low heat and stir until butter is melted.

Whisk together 2 Cups Flour, 2 Cups Sugar, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and 1/4 tsp of Salt.

In a separate bowl, whisk 2 Large Eggs at room temp, 1/2 Cup Buttermilk at room temp, and 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla.

Once chocolate mixture has melted, stir in flour mixture and then the egg mixture…whisk together.

Pour cake batter into a 9×13 greased and floured baking pan (I used the PAM Baking Spray). Bake in a 350F oven for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean.

For the Cola Frosting ~

Cook 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter, 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa and 6 TBSP of Coke Cola in a small pan until all ingredients are melted and well combined.

Sift 2 Cups Powdered Sugar into a medium bowl.

Whisk chocolate mixture into sugar and add 1 tsp vanilla.

Once cake is out of oven ~ poke holes all over top of the hot cake with a fork (just don’t go VooDoo on the cake like I did…most of the frosting ending up inside the cake!) and pour warm frosting over cake.

Let cool in pan on a wire rack.

EAT!

It’s a very tasty and moist cake!

This entry was posted in food, recipes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Chocolate Cola Cake with Cola Frosting

1. tikkuntraveller says:

I had to laugh! I have that exact same baking pan!
    It is one of my favorites…
    The cake looks delicious.

That looks yummy!

BTW, I mailed the socks on Saturday. Let me know when you get them.

3. That is one of the many Pyrex dishes I picked up at yard sales…I love the old Pyrex.

4. limeandlemon says:

This is a very interesting recipe .. i heard be4 of 7-up and Coke cakes .. but never really tried any .. but this is kindda encouraging ..looks yummy … might give it a try … Laila .. http://limeandlemon.wordpress.com

5. Lorilee says:

YUM it is one of my favorites!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

Oh yum!!! That looks so delicious! 🙂 What a creative cake!

7. Michelle's Mom says:

What? you didn’t share with your “poor, old, laidup Mom”?? I’m trying to put a guilt trip on you, but I know it won’t work. You have been on to me for many, many years…LOL

Hi, Michelle’s Mom! Hope you get the socks soon. There’s some lavendar in there to store with the socks. It’s supposed to keep bugs away from wool.

9. Karen says:

Hi, Michelle,
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    I saw that you joined the Daybook Society–I did, too. My page is called, “Homespun Happenings.”
    Karen

10. Michelle's Mom says:

Hi Digipics, I love my socks also my two cats seem to like the last two pairs a lot. I called Michelle all she could do was LOL
    There was some cat nip in the package also…Thanks so-o-o much. Katie

I am glad you like them. And you got them quickly. I just mailed them Saturday.

Yep, I sent kitty drugs with the package. My kitties were having a fit when I was trying to package everything up. I’m surprised I didn’t accidentally mail one of my cats to Nevada. 😀

Su-sugar Sack Quilts? *drooling* I’ll have to look for that book! And the Back to Basics looks really great too. So many books… only two eyes… 😦