More Crazy Quilt Blocks

Donna wanted to see the crazy quilt blocks that my mom made ~ HERE YOU GO! 🙂

Mom used the Janome’s stitching, which are pretty dang cool. I should use my Janome for some of my stitching. The three blocks that I like the most are the last 3 pictures…

And here are my numbers 5 & 6 blocks…still have four more to work on.

Am crossing my fingers that we can get this done in time…I’ve gotta work faster, since I’m the one holding it up! ACK!

This entry was posted in Family, Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to More Crazy Quilt Blocks

Those are beautiful! How do you quilt those after piecing them together?

2. We’re going to just play with the blocks (20 of them), place them 4 wide and 5 long…then just sew them together.

We will not be putting any sashing around the blocks. We will also not be putting any batting in between the quilt top and the backing.

3. It’s gonna be a wild and fun quilt! No?! I think my sister will love it since there are so many fabrics from our clothes in it!

I absolutely love it!!

So many pretty colors and patterns! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

6. Quilty says:

I’m taking it that your sister doesn’t get around to reading your blog…. ???

All very nice! Will you be adding any Judith Baker Montano type extra embellishments… ribbon embroidery, beads, lace and whatnot?

7. Quilty says:

JBM drapes extra stuff all over the place, not keeping to the seam lines, and sews on buttons and other such things.

8. Nope…she doesn’t read my blog, at least not that I know of! LOL!

We are keeping this quilt to just ribbons, thread & embroidery thread, lace and whatnots…it’s to be a washable and very well used quilt. Not a show piece.

Wow!! Your sister is going to love this!! You two are going a fantastic job. Love them all. I might just have to make me a crazy quilt. (Yeah, right, LOL!!) Thanks for posting the photos. 😀