A New Chicken Recipe to Try! Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Puff Pastry.

Over at Mennonite Girls Can Cook they posted a Stuffed Chicken Recipe the other day…it looked deeeelish, so I made it last night. The recipe comes from that cutie-patootie chef, Jamie Oliver.

Stuffed Chicken with Mustard Wine Sauce

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 box puff pastry
2 cups mushrooms finely chopped (I ended up with about 3-4 Cups)
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat parsley (I used my Italian Parsley from my garden)
1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic (HAHAHA! 5 cloves for me)
1/2 tsp salt
3 grinds of fresh pepper (used more than 3 grinds, we love pepper)

Preheat oven to 400F.

Thaw your pastry puff, if frozen.

In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes. Add freshly chopped parsley, salt and pepper, and continue to saute for about 8-10 minutes. Set aside and cool.

stuffed1

Score Chicken breast with a knife making a pocket. Stuff all chicken breasts with mushroom mixture. (I added a slice of Olive Oil & Rosemary Rubbed Asiago cheese from Raleys that was on sale the other day…I had it and it sounded good to add, so I did!)

stuffed2

Roll out each puff pastry sheet to about 18×8 and cut down the middle making a total of 4 pieces. Place one breast on each pastry and roll up.

Place the breasts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.

stuffed3

Beat one egg and brush the outsides of each roll. Bake in 400F oven for 35-40 minutes.

stuffed4

While your chicken is baking start making the mustard wine sauce in a small pan.

MUSTARD WINE SAUCE

2 heaping (very heaping) Tbsp of whole grain prepared mustard (I used Raley’s brand Spicy Mustard with Horseradish)
1-1/2 cups of white wine (patooey…I love red wine, I didn’t get to do the one for you one for me thing)
1/2 cup of cream

Combine the first two ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat, allowing the wine to reduce by 1/4. Turn to simmer and add cream. Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

I didn’t allow my sauce to reduce, me thinks…as it was a bit runny. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS!

We had the stuffed chicken, green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and apple sauce.

stuffed5

This entry was posted in food, recipes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A New Chicken Recipe to Try! Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Puff Pastry.

That looks good! Send some this way!

Wow… that sounds amazing! The flavors would be terrific already, but puff pastry makes everything better LOL! 😀

3. duchessdreams says:

Mmm. Sounds really good.

Friend! 🙂
    How are you! I am officially back in the blogging world. Thank you for your sweet comment! Life has been so busy, but I posted some new artwork! I hope you take a peek! 🙂

5. Karen says:

This recipe sounds so good! I can tell by the recipe that you are a garlic lover, too!! We use garlic seasoning, if not garlic cloves, in most everything!

6. Kathy says:

Thank you for posting this! I made it for my husband last night and we decided it is officially going in our recipe collection. MM mmmm good!

7. Aengel says:

Just curious, did you use your Mustard Sauce? I dont see it displayed, or any comment regarding the sauce. Did you serve it on the side but not display it? B/c likely the sauce would cause the baked dough to loose its crusty nature?

• If you look right under the mustard sauce recipe you will see my comments regarding the sauce. Also…the last picture shows the runny sauce on top of the chicken puff and puddled around the puff on the plate. The sauce did not
      “soften” the dough, as you put it on after it comes out of the oven. I’ve made it again, this time taking my time with making the sauce correctly and it came out perfect.

I deleted your other comment as it was uncalled for.

8. Lori Mitchell says:

This looks delicious! I’m going to try it tonite. 🙂 thanks for the recipe link