Quilts and Snow…more bloody snow. Spring Anyone?!

I guess this is what they call “Karma will kick in you in the arse”…while back east was being hammered I said “better them than us this time around!”…well, yesterday we got over 26″ of snow. Which gave me lots of time to finish some quilts!

First the quilts ~

This is the finished Wonky Square quilt, front and back. It’s about 36″x47” in size.

And this is Bugs’ Quilt that I made for her 3rd Annual Benefit to raise money for the Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation. It will be raffled off on Satruday, March 6th at the Bait Farm in Silver Springs, Nevada. I’ll post about that soon.

I used Backyard Safari fabric with Ladybugs. Made up some pinwheels and set them on point. It’s 45″x45″ in size.

This is the reason I was able to finish two quilts….

This entry was posted in Nevada, Photography, Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Quilts and Snow…more bloody snow. Spring Anyone?!

Holy Blizzards, Batman! Yikes!

The quilts are so pretty. The pinwheel one makes me smile just looking at. 🙂

I would say you got some snow…at least a little more than me 😉

3. tickledred says:

Fantastic snow :)!!! We never get that much…ok in 1980 something we did once. I adore the lady bug quilt. Ever done a surboard one ? 🙂

4. Woah … I thought we had a lot of snow on the ground but that’s crazy! Great job on the quilts. 🙂

Your quilts are simply gorgeous!! Yeah, we said that too…karma…what a weenie!

6. Mom says:

Yep, we got what the weatherman said we would, “possible 1 inch on the valley floor overnight” HA! add 17 more to my house. Michelle got much more. At least the weatherman wasn’t wrong. We did one inch.

7. Belinda says:

Great job on the quilts! I love ladybug fabric. 😀

Why are we all getting so much snow this year??!! Here in Texas we are expecting more snow tonight and this is rare here! Usually, we get one ice or snow event per winter, but I think it has snowed or sleeted every two weeks. Sheesh! I’m ready for summer! Bring on the sunshine and 90 degree temperatures!

OMG!! You got clobbered. You got WAY more than we did. We got only (only, LOL!!) 8 inches. Sorry for ya, but you keep it, ya hear… 😀

Love your quilts. How you do the backing amazes me.