Mystery Quilt Finished

I finished binding my quilt entry to the Ben Franklin’s Mystery Quilt contest. The one that you had to make a 40×40 quilt incorporating the fabrics given to you along with any additional fabrics of your choice.

One thing I learnt while making this…if you’re going to add a border onto the back, you better make sure it’s the same as on the front! That way when you go to quilt you don’t have a line down the middle of your back border. (Quilting by sticth in the ditch…would not matter if I did it by free motion!)

Big Sigh. I’m learning. 🙂

For the top I used 9 crazy nine patches and four pinwheels, turned them on point and then added two borders. I used all of the fabric in the binding…as the back too. I kind of like the back more so than the front…simple and clean. Unfortunately…I goofed on the thin blue border. The front is 35×35 while the back is 35×34…and the finish size of the quilt is 37×37.