I’m Glad I listened to Everyone ~ Pinwheel Quilt

The pinwheel beast turned out scrumptiously delish!

(sorry, but it seems whenever I want to take a picture of my quilts…my quilt holder is in bed…big sigh)

I’m very happy I listened to everyone and ripped out the disastrous first attempt at free-motion quilting on a large-scale! After a wash and tumble in the dryer, most of the tell-tale signs of that awful quilting disappeared! 🙂 It has the most wonderful comforting snuggle look to it now. I hope they like it at our local Veteran’s Guest House! I thank you all who kept after me.

This entry was posted in Quilts, Sewing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I’m Glad I listened to Everyone ~ Pinwheel Quilt

Yay yay yay!! So glad you went back, even though it temporarily broke your heart. You conquered the beast and look how nice she is now LOL! Enjoy!!

Turned out beautiful! But then you always do beautiful quilts.

So… you are giving this quilt away!! Wow!!

• I was ready to throw it away earlier! LOL! Yes…I had a twinge of ‘I really want to keep this now’ after it came out of the dryer. But I had said it was going to the Veteran’s Guest House, and that is where it’s going to go. I think someone would like to snuggle with it on a couch, no?!

4. Lovely. I’m sure you’ve inspired us all to persevere.

5. Mom says:

That turned out beautiful…and I’m positive folks at the Veteran’s Guest House will love it. They may have a hard time keeping it at the house. Someone may get very attached to it. I know I would.

6. Thank you all!

Taking it to the Veteran’s Guest House here in Reno today! I called yesterday asking if they accept handmade quilts for the house…YES was the answer. 🙂

Am taking the pinwheel and the all-patched-up (with Cotton Blossoms) quilts.

7. karendianne. says:

Beautiful, beautiful quilt! Unique. 🙂

8. Linda Daley says:

Beautiful!! How big are each of you pinwheel blocks? I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing!

• I’m pretty sure they are 4″ or 4.5″…the pattern was part of a kit from Connecting Threads. I gave that quilt away and will probably make another for myself as I miss it.