Hobo Quilt Update ~ Top is Finished!

I finished the Hobo Quilt top last night around 10:00 pm. It’s 62″ X 82″ in size. Now I have to shop around for the flannel he wants as the backing.

This entry was posted in Quilts, Sewing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Hobo Quilt Update ~ Top is Finished!

1. Beautiful! I have so enjoyed watching this quilt being made — the stories behind the blocks are absolutely fascinating to me.

2. April says:

Fabulous, girlie!! I so love that red border, and think where you “thickened” it up a bit down the sides is perfect. 😀

You do make the coziest quilts!

3. garden2day says:

I love it! The colors you used really make the blocks stand out. You have to be proud of this wonderful project.

4. Looks good. I’ll be interested to see how you decide to quilt it. You wouldn’t want the quilting to dominate the block design I imagine.

Looks great!

I still have to quilt my son’s quilt, just haven’t had much time.

Can’t wait to see how you quilt it.

6. Gail B says:

That’s amazingly beautiful!

7. Thank you all! 🙂 It was fun to make. I need 4 yards of flannel to back that puppy now! Hopefully there are some coupons out there for Hancock Fabrics or maybe Ben Franklin’s.

As for quilting…me thinks just some straight stitching will be good for this. Probably like I did for that batik baby quilt…a quarter inch on both sides of the seams.

If you use flannel for the backing will you use a batting? Just curious.

9. Marilyn says:

Wow, what a beautiful quilt. Great job, Michelle, as usual.

Marilyn

10. Debra says:

This is beautiful! I love it! Looks like it was a ton of work too!