In one of my my crafting groups our Craft Challenge for May/June was to make something with the quilt pattern Monastery Windows.
Originally it was a May Challenge and I was running out of time so I made up 8 of each block and tried my hand at making a pillow. I used two batiks (the pinks) that I got from a quilt show in Portola, CA (Cabin Fever Quilt Show) and a cream (with grey and blue) batik from Windy Moon Quilts here in Reno.
I thought the darker of the pinks would make a great piping around the pillow…only thing, I really hate making anything on the bias, so I cut the fabric for the piping as I would for regular binding thinking I’ll make the bugger curve no matter what! 🙂
After making the top part I quilted it; sewed on the piping to the front quilted piece; sewed the backing on and left 4″, turned inside out and stuffed it. I used polyester pillow stuffing as it dries faster after washing.
The pattern is great! I will definitely use it to make a lap quilt! Very pretty indeed.
Ok…here is my pillow (I put the pictures through photoshop’s artistic dry brush filter)!
Here’s a link to Sharon’s entry ~ she made an awesome Red/White/Blue quilt! Just LOVE that binding! 🙂
I know there are a few others that have an entry, but they haven’t posted anything online.