I finished a quilt last night that I thought I’d share.
Back in March a few friends and I had a craft day, while they beaded I worked on a small quilt. I brought with me a charm pack of Mill House Inn by Fig Tree Co. and Camille Roskelley’s book Simplify, Quilts for the Modern Home. I chose the Coming Home pattern…real sweet and simple.
One of those friends wanted to buy the quilt, so I dug out yardage of Mill House Inn that I had bought eons ago…added a border and finished it up. It’s washed, picked up, and on her way to her new home.
Luckily I have another charm pack and lots of yardage to make myself one.
I just joined a Charm Swap that is opened up to 55 people (plus the host)…and it’s using fabric from one of my favorite designers, Denyse Schmidt! 🙂
A few Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I added to my stash not too long ago.
1. We are swapping 5″ charm squares. You will purchase 1 yard of fabric and cut it into 5″ charm squares. 1 yard = 56 charms. (I recommend buying 1.25 yards- never hurts to have a little extra in case you make a cutting mistake.)
2. Choose a fabric that has a small print suitable for an 5″ charms. Scale of the print is very important as smaller works better in this case.
3. Fabric must be Denyse Schmidt designer label, 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric. Older DS patterns are acceptable too!
4. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.
5. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5″ x 5″ charm squares. Press your fabric before cutting. You may want to purchase a slight overage in case you make mistakes cutting your charms.
6. Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include a 3×5 index card with your name and email address.
7. In your envelope please include: * the charms in ziplock * the index card * a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This is very important! If you do not send a SASE with your charms, I won’t be able to mail them back to you. To figure the postage cost, have the postmaster weigh your SASE along with the charms and purchase enough postage to cover the cost. Then put that postage on the SASE and place it inside your package along with your charms.
8. Finally, upload a picture of your chosen fabric ASAP to the Made with Moxie: Denyse Schmidt Charm Swap Round TWO Flickr group. This is really important so we don’t have any duplicates! Also, include all pertinent info about your fabric (designer, name, color, shop) so everyone can have access to order more if they want.
If you want to you may sign up for two spots in the swap, but remember you must sent two different yards of DS fabric.
Deadline to mail the charms to our host is 15 June 2012.
Some fabrics I pulled out of my stash for a 60×60 quilt someone wants me to make them. Just has to be blue and grey with the state of Nevada somewhere on it. I have a design in mind. 🙂 After seeing them in the picture, I’m not sure about the two in the middle of the pack. I’ll have to go pick up a few FQ’s from Windy Moon.
A small project I’m working on using Lauren & Jessi Jung’s Flora fabric…using English paper piecing hexies.
Saw this on the way to work…looks like someone was drunk and didn’t realize that you can’t barrel through two work buildings and go down the hill to the road.
Tuesday’s sunrise with a big ole fog bank….
Today is windy with more snow on the way…just like yesterday.
Last Saturday after driving up to Pyramid Lake we came back home via Wadsworth to 80…just before Reno is Lockwood where we spied a new park. They’ve re-dug the riverbed in that area, un-doing the damage by the Corp of Engineers so many years ago…now the Truckee River flows through lots of meanders. The fishies are a lot happier too.
One of the resident Red-Tail hawks at Rancho San Rafael Park.
We rented a great movie the other night. The Way, an Emilio Estevez movie staring his dad, Martin Sheen. Highly recommend it.
116 Flying Geese blocks are finished…only 39 of ’em are pressed! OY!
I got a smoking deal on this Riley Blake Feeling Groovy bundle of Fat Quarters from StitchSteals! I instantly thought of my niece, but then realized she already has at least 3 quilts. Having to rethink what I’m going to do with them.
I have a half yard each of the orange fabric ~ am building up a stash for THIS quilt by Cluck.Cluck.Sew…I love Allison’s quilts ~ I’ve made a few of them already.
The other two on the left side are one yard each of Lila Tueller’s Eden…a fabric line that I absolutely ADORE! Big sigh. I want a bolt of all of her fabric lines…Eden, Santorini, Isabella, Spirit, Woodland Bloom, and Soire’e. That woman’s fabric is to die for! So cheery…you just want to do a Teri Garr (Young Frankenstein) thing…Roll in ze hay! with her fabric.
Now…onto the quilt-along. My friend April and I each bought a pinwheel quilt kit from Connecting Threads a while back….and now we are going to quilt them together. Her in Michigan and me in Nevada. 🙂
I have all of my 2-7/8″ strips cut out…they will soon be 2-7/8″ squares. Both of us will be modifying our quilts as we both think 56×56 is way too small. I’m going to add one more row all the way around and then probably add more to the length of the quilt. I also swapped out their cream fabric for a white on white print.