A few photographs I took yesterday while driving around Sierra Valley. OH! I found a Barn Quilt Block just outside of Loyalton! YEA!
On the way home from Portola’s Train Days last weekend, I saw a sign that Loyalton was going to have a Street Festival with a Show & Shine the following weekend. 🙂 I Love Sierra Valley and you have to like a festival that raises money for the Volunteer Fire Department. My husband was excited that they were having a horseshoe tourney and luck would have it another guy needed a partner, so he got to play. It was a fun day full of old cars, arts and crafts, music, monster truck rides, horseshoes, and good food.
Have lots of pictures from the day ~
If you’ve known me for any length of time, you’ll know one of my favorite places to be is up in Sierra Valley, California. It was a beautiful Saturday (3 March 2012) so we packed the cribbage board and horseshoes and off we went to Portola, Loyalton, Sierraville, Vinton, and Chilcoot.
Here are a few of the barns out in the valley ~ and one house ~ all photographs were taken on March 3rd. I ran them through my Pixlr-o-matic photo editing app (mainly “old”, “metal”, “sand” and “scrap”).
* T-Minus 8 Days for the START OF MOVING!
* I’ll probably maim or kill my husband before that. 🙂 Men…I swear.
* On a whim I found a 1″ Hexagon template and printed out about 10 sheets on heavier card stock paper (not sure why we had it at work here, I’ve been here almost 10 years and we’ve never used it). Watched the English Paper Piecing video on Connecting Threads…So THAT’S HOW THEY DO THAT!
I cut out some 2.5″ squares of my 1930’s reproduction fabrics to give it a whirl…I’m officially on the path of destruction now.
* Jen at Musings from Main Street had a photo contest and I was a winner! LOL! Two of us won $25 gift cards at Amazon. Spent a long time trying to figure out what I wanted. I’m saving my money for a Barnes & Noble 1st Edition Nook (sorry Amazon Kindle)…so I couldn’t buy any ebooks, couldn’t decide on any music or real book, then I stumbled onto fabric! They sell fabric on Amazon! I’ve been on a fabric diet since my husband lost his job. Guess what I got?! THREE YARDS OF FABRIC! From Fabric.com’s amazon storefront…
I got one yard each of Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern Martini Green, Midwest Modern Garden Maze Green, and Daisy Chain Kaleidoscope Dots Olive.
Thank you Jen!
* I so want to make some pickles! But will have to wait until we move. I’ve packed my canning supplies. Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!
* Going to have to hook up with Beth so we can float the Truckee River. It’s been really hot (not has hot as the rest of the country…but hot enough for me).
* Do you all remember the MASH episode where Radar, Hawkeye, Trapper, and Margaret did their version of My Blue Heaven? With Henry conducting?
Well…while working on the Hexies last night…I had to get up and belt out the song like Margaret! WHEN WHIP-POOR-WILLS CAAAAAALLLL AND EV’NING IS NIGH! (Gotta get those dance moves in too!) Come on…you can DO IT! 🙂
* Then I cried while singing with John Denver ~ I’m Sorry. Then sobbed when Vince Gill & Ricky Skaggs (video with Alison Krauss, LOVE HER!) sang Go Rest High On That Mountain. Good grief. I turned off the music and switched it to Hong Kong Phooey on Boomerang. 🙂
* Another picture of one of my favorite valleys….Sierra Valley. Looking WSW between Chilcoot and Frenchman’s Lake. Haying time.
* To Dean Heller: WTF were you thinking you ARSEHOLE?! Just remember elections are coming up and I can’t wait to vote your arse out of office! Have a nice day! 🙂